Saturday, August 4, 2007

i want to be apart of it
























































Im tired. I'm working and sleeping these days. Trying to withold the urge to spend money. Saving. My job at the diner is good in many ways, but also really hard in others. I'm used to making a lot more money in a much shorter period of time. Apparently I am SUPER lucky, cause service jobs are hard to find right now, and its slow everywhere. It doesn't make it any easier though. Eight to nine hours with no break and crappy tips is hard. I know it will take some time to get settled, I just wish it didn't. Thank goddess for air conditioning! I have one in my room at home, and work is cool also. I'm trying to keep it really simple during the hot hours.
I'm getting to know a new side of myself here in NY. I feel much more free to say what I want and to not hold back my sarcastic commentary. I also curse a lot more. I think I need to work on that one, although I fit right in with everyone else.
I'm a bit lonely today for people who really know me. Its similar to the way I felt after a couple of weeks in Venice. I know this will pass too. Smiles and a sunny disposition ussually can cure a case of the grumps. Although, It is a bit harder to be all smilles and sunshine here, I think people pride themselves in being grumpy and bitter. I promise I won't let that happen to me world!! No matter how tired I get I will still smile and know that in the end it was all worth while!
P.S. to all of my italy friends...i miss you!
P.P.S. to all of my californis friends...call me..i miss you!
the fotos are of my subway ride to work..and of me at work..who's your daddy?

1 comment:

Deb said...

you look fabulous kid, hang in there and don't let the NYC attitude invade your light...You are so right about air conditioning and add to that ICE. When we were kids ice was hard to get..had to wait hours for it and then hope it did not melt too fast. Ice makers are such an asset...