Saturday, June 30, 2007

all about me




Hello All,
I haven't felt much like blogging this last week. I'm on a bit of a me overload. That's right, I said it too much me. I didn't think it could happen, but it did. I'm sick of talking about myself and what I'm doing. This trip has been so all about me and frankly, I'm just over it.
I've been thinking of ways to turn it aound. Ways to focus my attention outward. To take a new perspective on things. I'll let you know if I figure it out, and as always suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Where am I? ( how quickly it turns back to me)
Well this week I'm sticking around Venice. Finishing up some last minute sightseeing and working on my tan over on Lido. I figured out that I have a CartaVeniza card and that I can ride the boats for one euro versus the 6euro they charge for tourists. So I'm a free bird. I'm also resting a lot, and trying to enjoy the good life of vacation world while I'm still on vacation.
I've hit a bit of a wall as some of you who have recieved my frantic emails can atest too. I'm really ready to get back to my Life, Life. Please don't think I'm ungreatful or stupid, its just that three months is a long time to be floating along for this floater. I forgot how much I love the feeling of acomplishment that comes from creating work or even from working at a job job. I've taken to being a tourist helper as a job and giving directions whenever I can, and offering up suggestions for fun things to do around town. Its working great so far. I helped a couple of gorgeous guys from Utah find the best calzones in Venice and tonight I shared a local restaurant with a lovely couple from St. Louis.
I also had the pleasure of seeing the inside of Saint Marks Basillica. Thanks to Rick Steves for the super duper hint to get to the front of the line. All you have to do is check your bag at bag check and not only do you get to walk around without your purse, you get to skip to the front of the line!
The inside of the Basillica was mind-blowing. The whole ceiling is covered with gold tiles and ornate byzantine era mosaics. It was so beautiful. I'm really glad that I went. I was having flashbacks to AP Art History, and wishing that Mrs Hartford was here to give me a tour. Instead I just lolled around giving myself a neck ache looking at the gorgeous desgins.
The beauty in Venice is boundless, and I have so much to be greatfull for. I keeping meeting the right people at the right time, and being compleatly one hundred percent taken care of. Some days are easier than others, staying positive is something that takes constant practice and dilligance for me. But it pays off so much!! I stay Happy and Joyful and whats not to love about that!! Anyways I hope that life is wonderful for you and that you are enjoying every minute of it!! I always love hearing whats new with you, so feel free to drop me a note when you have a minute, or better yet start a blog of your own!! Wouldn't it be great if all of our long distance friends kept blog to update us on there lives. Much Love, Light, and Laughter Always, Drea
(the photos are of the gondola mechanic shop, my favorite secret restuarant, and of me loling along the grand canal)

1 comment:

Deb said...

Hi baby,
sounds like you are ready to come back to the US! Vacation is fun but moving on in life is a blast..so come on home. Your homies must be busier than me, no one else "comments"...