Monday, June 11, 2007

some thoughts

reflections
what a week
a crazy blur of contemporary art,
eclectic beautiful creative people,
music from all over the world
people from all over
talking in english
about things I've never talked about before
new ideas
art
globalization
the rich and the poor
who makes art?
who cares about art and why do they care about it??
will my art history degree get me anywhere???

this week was non-stop!!
it was the perfect environment for
me
and my love for people
and my hunger for communication and relationship

I met so many people everyday, and followed my heart
and enjoyed the wandering and the tagging along
the unknown
the shmoosing
the joy
to play and be silly
and know that
I'm exactly where I'm ment to be
today
at this moment

tommorow I leave venice
and journey to meet my family in Torino
I will leave my nest of comfort
and security and venture out
to see more of this beautiful country
open
to be inspired
to see
more of my family tree
thank you venice
I will see you in a couple of weeks

so much gratitude
love and light
drea

1 comment:

Deb said...

sounds like the trip has culminated (in Venice) with a new debth in your gift of observation and listening. Brilliant! Have a wonderful trip to visit the Fruterro branch of your family tree. blessings and love to all, Momma