Thursday, June 14, 2007

quick note


I really have had a wonderful time here in Torino. Its been really great getting to know Ada and Bruno. They are so dear. They have traveled all over the world and have amazing photos of all of the places that they have visited. I spent the last three nights at there home for dinner and then after dinner we watch these cool slidshows that Bruno has put together on his computer. They don’t speak any English so we have been communicating in Italian. I must sound like a retard, but somehow we are having great conversations with my 100 word vocabulary. Tommorow morning we head down to Savignano the small town that my Nonna was from. I can’t wait to meet my cousin Corado. He sounds like a hoot!!!
After lunch Ada and Bruno are driving me to the mountains to go to the next part of my journey. I will be spending one week at a spiritual alternative community called Damanhur. (www.damanhur.org) I am doing a work/study exchange. I have no idea what to expect, but I have a really positive feeling about it. I can’t wait to share my story with you. I’m not sure that I will have internet next week, but I will write as soon as I can. Much love, light, and laughter-drea

No comments: