Friday, June 22, 2007

omg its the city!!!!





The Subway! Freedom, one euro takes you anywhere. How fabulous is that? I came to Milan today to meet my friend Jaime. Jamie and I met around a year ago in San Francisco. I’m friends with his friend Jane and we all went out one night and had an awesome time. Jaime works as a sound engineer so he’s on the road most of the time and when his not on the road he splits his time between SF and LA where his girlfriend lives. Long story short, we hardly see each other but I really adore him and love the fact that we can meet up like this in Milan. The band he’s touring with is called The Presets, and they ROCK! I am a huge fan of their electro (sleaze) pop sound. They were so lovely and invited me along to be a part of there less than 24hours in Milan. We took a cab into the city center and had a tour from this adorable Milano hipster named Dorian. The hipsters in Milan are so freaking cute!! They totally take nerd sheik to new levels. Fashion is king in Milan. It is a very youthful city with beautiful super skinny people everywhere. I was walking down the street and I saw a couple of the super skinny young girls smoking cigarettes and I thought for sure it was a anorexic anonymous meeting or something, turns out it was just the outside of the Calvin Kline offices.
After the lightning tour we headed to the venue for a sound check. It was great watching Jaime and the boy’s work. It was fascinating and long. I felt for them as they have hardly slept at all in the last three days and it took over two hours to get the sound right. Jaime did an awesome job though, cause it sounded amazing in the end. After sound check we ate another awesome dinner and took a few minutes to relax. The show started at 1:30, which is way past my bedtime. The show was really awesome!! I had an amazing time except I ended up feeling really old and fat. The average age at the club was 18 and the average dress size was zero. I feel a bit like starting my after Italy recovery diet today, I think I’ll just start exercising now and wait to start dieting back in the states. Who really cares though, today I head back to Venice with all the fat tourists and people who don’t care how they look. Perfect! All in all it was AWESOME in Milan!! (How many times did I use Awesome in this blog? Play to Win.)

1 comment:

Drea said...

I look so sleepy in this photo!!