Tuesday, June 12, 2007

torino baby



Today I left town. I left my safe cozy existence in Venice, for the big world, where people drive cars on streets instead of riding in boats in canals. I took the train from Venice to Milan and then I changed trains and caught one to Torino. I had a couple of really great conversations on the ride. First I met a cadet from Westpoint Academy who is from Roseville California, a mere two hours from San Francisco. Next it was a lovely girl from Kansas City, who was on her way to Leon to study french literature, and finally a fire dancer from Chechslovakia on his way to Paris to take a workshop from one of the Masters of fire juggling, a wide cross section of the global community. My train arrived on time which was pretty crazy for Italy and Bruno and Ada were right there at the platform to grab me.
Ada is my second cousin and Bruno is her husband. The last time I saw them I was 6 years old and we did a grand tour of San Diego. I was quite surprised when they recognized me, but I was glad that they did, cause I hadn’t thought that part out. Bruno helped me with my things and the three of us walked to my Albergo. For the next three nights I am staying in a lovely hotel called Hotel Italia on the Corso di Stati Uniti. I have a huge bed and my own bathroom. I’ve pretty much died and gone to heaven. Torino seems like a beautiful city, and I can’t wait to explore it tommorow. Buono Notte!! Sono Stanca.

No comments: