Tuesday, June 5, 2007

an experience like no other





trust
I forgot for a minute to
trust
when you stay present and patient
and wait
things happen
magical things happen
when you
trust

My friend Zefrey from San Francisco arrived Sunday night.
He is an Artist and he is here doing a radio project with PS1 Gallery in New York
Before I left he told me about the Venice Bianelle and thus began my excitement
for the event where artist's from around the world gather
to show there work
to see and be seen
and to slather themseleves in the beauty that is Venice.
Pietro has been so wonderfully gracious and opened him home to the both of us.
Im "interning" as Zefrey's assistant in hopes of learning as much as I possibly can about, art, radio, and the creative process.
The question that has been consuming me lately is, what makes an artist an artist?


Last night we went
to the opening of Matthew Barney Joesph Beuys exibit at the Guggenhiem.
I don't think I like Matthew Barney. He is also know as being Bjork's partner. I really wanted to like it, but I just found it to be very egotistic and self centered and a bit gross to be perfectly honest.
Mounds of vasoline, machine parts, Barney dressed up like a freak walking slow through his garden ( that part just made me giggle)
Anyways it was an amazing experience and I am forever greatful that I was invited.
Gratitude is a big theme in my life. I can't belive the experiences I'm having, the beautiful people I'm getting to know, it all seems compleatly unreal at times. At this moment I am sipping a aqua frizzante aboard a floating vip lounge/radio station in the Venice Lagoon getting ready to go to an opening for a artist in San Marco.
Thank You for all of your prayers and love!! Ciao!!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Aloha Darling!
Just could not wait to see what you have been up to while I have been ASEA...I am so happy to hear you have continued to emerse yourself in it ALL. What a delight to read.
Share the joy,
MOM

Deb said...

Hi, me again. What a wonderful opportunity to be "a part of". You sound like you find the gold ring every time (though I KNOW there are challenges). I hope your next leg of the adventure is as rewarding as the Venice experience.
good on ya! love you and pray for you a ton,
Mom

Anonymous said...

oh my god! THANK YOU so much... count on drea to say what we're all thinking. i don't get matthew b. he's just wierd.

jo beuys on the other hand i adore... so envious you got to see that!

so good to see you and zef met up...

and you know what i miss you so much!
big hug and kiss!
jennine