Saturday, July 7, 2007

afternoon hike


Getting from the train station to my hostel was a cinch. The Bus to and from the hostel goes through the center of town and begins and ends at the station and that made life in Florence very manageable. What really sucked was the hike form the bus stop to the actual hostel. The hostel was located just outside of the city center in an old villa. I was thinking villa, not hiking. Unfortunately, when you’re backpacking, which I just realized I am doing, there aren’t bellman or shuttles to the door of the hotel. My inner princess woke up from her slumber to scream and yell at the inhumanity of it all! When I finally made it to the hostel I was exasperated. Then they told me that my room was on the second floor (the third floor in Italy) and I almost lost it (on the inside of course) I recovered by taking a shower and heading out to explore Florence at night.

No comments: