Monday, July 9, 2007

getting cozy



The hostel experience ended up being a good one. What I’m enjoying about the hostels is that as a single traveler I can make friends with other single travelers, and there are more than you might expect. In Florence I met a beautiful light worker from Australia named Brigitte. We had a very intuitive, soulful conversation, and she inspired me and brought a new light to my life. I also shared a meal with a Frenchie mathematician named Jeremy and a cheery “Quebecer” named Maxine. And the cherry on my Florence hostel experience was a joyful guy named Will (I think) from San Francisco. He rode with me to the train station this morning and entertained me with clever observations about Italy. My favorite was when he pointed out that the guy cleaning the street was using a witches broom to sweep up with and that he must moonlight as a warlock on his days off. It still makes me giggle as I write this. I caught the train to Assisi with so much ease that I must be in the right place. It’s a nice quite train, perfect for bogging, and I arrive in town just in time for lunch. I look forward to seeing the home of one of my favorite historical figures. Ciao for now! (Hey that rhymes!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cara Drea,

Que blogging! Way to get us caught up - and we're so glad to hear you are enjoying your travels. Great places to visit! Enjoy the sweet family in L'Aquila and for sure you'll love Rome. You look great - very Italian tan! Ciao, Ciao - Julie