Thursday, July 12, 2007

the view from the mountain





Today Anna Olivia took me up to the Gran Sasso National Park. In the winter there is great skiing here. It was beautiful and COLD! What a nice treat. We rode the cable car thingy, you know it hangs from the cable, you ride them to go skiing? I can't remember what its called in English. Anyways, it was fun! After we came home and had lunch and I took a nap. I'm trying to get as many naps in before next week when my life gets busy again. The photos are of our trip to the mountains, the food cart outside of the cable stop( notice the cheese and wine) and of Tonino and Anna Oliivia at lunch.

4 comments:

Getyobubbles said...

gondola... the thing you ride on cables... gondola. I think it is funny because you were living in Venice. Word association gets screwed up with second languages

Deb said...

Hi Honey, so sweet to see AnnaOlivia. I have a picture somewhere of her as a teenager! Her daughter is gorgeous. My computer was corrupted this morning so this is the only way I have to say HI and I'll call you soon, and write when I have something fixed....stupid technology.xoxox love you MOm

Chez said...

Drea, since I assume you will be sending out thank you notes, you should note that Tonino's daughter's name is Anna Lidia not Anna Olivia.
Love,
Dad

Getyobubbles said...

I WANT MORE