Thursday, May 10, 2007

back to the beach




I fould the beach!! It is wonderful!! Its a small island called lido just a boat stop away from Venice. I went on tuesday afternoon and were going back this afternoon. Its like going to an Italian southern california. Life is good in Venice. I am currently trying to find a job here and a place to stay for a couple of months. I really love it here. I would rather stay here and take small trips around Italy from here rather than lug my stuff everywhere. So thats the new plan, I'll keep you updated on the results. I'm starting to be able to form small sentences in italian. School is harder than I thougt it would be, but the teachers are really lovely so it makes it okay. The pace here is slow, and its been god from me to learn how to slow down a bit. I am eating a ton of carbs and hoping that all the walking I do will even things out. Anyway, I only have a miute but I love you, and miss you tons! Who wants to come visit me in Venice this summmer?? My door is always open!! Love and Light!! ~drea

6 comments:

Squidhelmet said...

Drea! I just got caught up on reading your blog! What an adventure! Laughs and tears and strange men petting your head while they feed you squid! I never made it to Venice, but it sounds beautiful from your description. Aren't you required to be naked on those beaches? Come on, balls out! Good luck with your linguistics and don't forget to send me and K a postcard with an exotic stamp!

Love Squidhelmet

Chez said...

Hey sweetie...
Wow, what a tough assignment!!!

Sounds like you are having a wonderful experience and that is great to hear. Your revised plan sounds ok but you might want to delay establishing a "beachhead" (pardon the pun)in Venice until you see a bit more of the country. I think you will be equally enthralled by the beauty of Tuscany,or the charm of the Cinque Terre beach communities, or the Lake Country, or the Riviera, or,or, or...

I guess the important thing is that you experience as much of it as you can however works best for you.

E quasi ora que scrivi qualcosa in italiano..vero?

Tanti bacioni e amore da noi tutti.

Ciao bella....

Dad

Chez said...

Hey, it's me again. I forgot to ask who the people in the pictures are.
Ciao,

Dad

Deb said...

Wow! Hot place to have to go after school, spoiled suits you. Remember to ask "angels" and to continue to DREAM HUGE...is is showing. You just sparkle! so happy you are planning but remember what they say about the "outcome" Let the HP lead the way and HE is good all the time! We are all so excited for you.
Momma and the tribal women...

Drea said...

the folks in the photos are from school. monica(sf) peter(germany) and monique(swizzerland)
im heading back to the beach again tommorow, i cant get enough!!!
xoxo

Unknown said...

BERNARDI!!!!
You look absolutely radiant! These pictures make me miss you so much, why has it been so long?!?!?! I am so jealous, and happy for you and I'm reading every word. I am so happy that you are doing this - you are still everything that I loved ten years ago - fearless, smart, beautiful, original and the coolest girl in school. I miss you. When you return (IF you return), we can't let another year go by. I am so, so, so happy for you, beautiful.

I LOVE YOU!!!!

Reddy