Thursday, May 31, 2007

its just a perfect day


I thought I'd share it with you. As fars as days go, today was pretty perfect. I slept in to my favorite time 11am. I woke up made coffee ate some breakfast and packed a lunch for my day at the beach. My fast pass for the vapporetto runs out tommorow, so I headed out to the beach for what may be the last time. The weather has been awful this week but today there was a break in the storm so I was very lucky. I spent the afternoon lying next to the new beach club, enjoying the music from the dj. After my day at the beach I headed back into venice and met some friends for coffee. After getting all jazzed on caffine and good coversation with english speakers, I headed home to make dinner. I had just finished cooking when I got a call telling me to get back on the vapporetto and meet everyone out at a huge party at the university. It was awsome!! There had to be at least 300 people there and hey had a band and some djs playing music oin the square. I ran into a bunch of people that have met over the last month and got to do my favorite thing, DANCE!! This time it was to crazy fast music from the Balkans that sound like a mix between ska, heavy metal, and the polka. It was so much fun!! I was just about finished dancing when the crew decided to move again, this time to the arcitecture academy, where there was an even bigger party, with two djs and about 1000 people. I could'nt belive how fun it was! It all happened on campus in the middle of the school! I crawled into bed at around 1:00am, legs tired, heart happy!!

2 comments:

Chez said...

Sounds like you are truly having a ball...and quite a variety of activities from Peggy G. to "italian bandstand". It's wonderful to hear the joy in your verse. We are with you in spirit( well, maybe not with the crazy dance parties...).
Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

that dress looks great on you!