Friday, May 25, 2007

livin la lido loca


Today I went to the beach after school finished. It was a hot sunny afternoon and I decided to go for it and sunbathe topless like the european girls do. I found a nice spot that wasn't too crowded and disrobed. I must say that I really enjoy going topless. The sun, no tan lines, BUT, I don't enjoy chatting with strangers while I'm not wearing a shirt. First it was the guy selling jewlery on the beach. I mean please, I'm not even wearing a shirt do I really need to ascessiores?? Next it was the chatty 70 year old in the neon green speedos who looked like he had sunbathed every day for the last 40 years. He figured out that I was a student somehow and wanted me to practice my Italian with him and then to go for a swim. I declined, but that didn't stop him from stopping by on his way back from swimming to see how I was doing.
After I went home, showered and headed out to dinner with Elena and Pietro. We ate fabulous pasta at Massimo's house. Massimo works for the school that I went to and has a beautiful home near San Marco. After dinner at around 12:30 the group decided to head out to Lido again for the grand opening of the nightclub there. It was a beautiful outdoor club on the beach with beds and lovely lighting. I got my groove on for a bit, but wasn't too happy with the Italian style of dancing. Appearence is everything here and that is true on the dance floor. You had to look cool while dancing, something that I don't enjoy worrying about. I let my hair down anyway and hopped all over the place geting stares and looks from the crowd. Not a lot of smiling faces, but super cool looks that make hanging out and letting loose a bit uncomfortable. I guess it just wasn't my scene.
I managed to have a brillant time regardless, I love dancing, and haven't had nearly enough opportunites for it. Another
amazing night on the road.( the photo is of my host Pietro)

1 comment:

Getyobubbles said...

i love your blogs. Got to the bank yesterday (saturday) and sponsored a museum trip. I love you darling. It is "may gray" here and yucky. Can't wait for june gloom! Hope the sun is shining and you are loving it. Ps- I get looks from american dancers, welcome to the I dance like a super freak club.