Tuesday, May 29, 2007

rain





It rained all day yesterday. Well almost all day. For two hours the sun came out and I went to the post office. It took me two hours and two different post offices to mail my package. I sent some of my stuff back to the states to lighten my load for the next part of my adventure. It was an experience in itself. Way better than a tourist attraction. I felt bad for the people who worked at the post office. They couldnt speak english very well and there were some rather rude americans trying to mail stuff next to me. I did my best to communicate in italian, and even leaned over and offered some help to the rude american woman, but it didnt take away my total embarrasment for people from American who travel abroad and act like total idots.
I was feeling a bit homesick so I roasted a chicken and made some mash potatos. If you cook here the rule is invite everyone so they can come to dinner, so I did, and ended up dining with they lovely Benedetto and my fabulous host Pietro. We had a german gentelman staying with us from the school, but his wife got sick and he had to return to Germany this morning. He was in his 70s and I cant help but think we might have been a bit too much fun for him. Pietro is finished having people stay his house from the school. He said last night that he had the best experience with me and that once you have the best you should stop so you aren't dissapointed. Quit while your ahead! I was flattered and greatful that I could be a good experience instead of a bad one.
Today I headed out to Murano to see the island and check out some glass blowing. Everytime I see anyone doing anything creative I can't help but want to do it too! The glass on the island is beautiful! Its a sleeply little island perfect for relaxing and picnic's which is exactly what I did. Its rather chilly today, so I headed home to make some tea and have a nap. Tonight, who knows, maybe another dinner??
Just a quick note to my readers, I really apreciate any comments, even if its only one word. Its nice to hear from you. It makes my heart smile! Love and Light, drea ( and if your to shy to post a public comment e-mail me direct at dreabernardi@gmail.com)

4 comments:

Getyobubbles said...

When are you coming back? Did you get anything fabulous from Murano? Even their beads are amazing! So happy you are having a good time! are you staying to work? Tell me about what you are doing... other than loving the italian life

Squidhelmet said...

The food in your blog is delicious to read about.

Adriana said...

I AM NEVER TO SHY TO LEAVE A COMMENT! you win the prize for food of the day. all i ate was mel's diner curly fries.

You are missed.

Poppa, John, Kel, Lucia, Becky, hotmexican, and Mr. Poet were all at the CRAVE reading tonight. We talked about you and Missed You. David Sinaiko told me yesterday he spent some quality time with your blog recently and he was so proud of you. AS ARE WE ALL!

I love you,
Sleepy Head Baer

Anonymous said...

mmm i miss you darling!
is that a cristmas tree made of pipecleaners?