Wednesday, May 23, 2007

buon compleani!





As far as birthday's go this one was one for the books! It was the best birthday I've had in years! My new secret to good birthday's is: do something for someone else! I spent Monday night and Tuesday afternoon cooking for my wonderful new Italian friends. I wanted everything to be really yummy because everything that they have cooked for me has been so good, I wanted to give back something fantastic. I made Nonnie's lasgana from scratch ( except the noodles cause it was really easy to find good fresh noodles) To start we had Bruscetta with tomatos and basil, and fried artichokes( Francesca taught me how to make them last week and they are my new favorite food!) After, we all devoroured the Lasagna which went over better than I could have dreamed. They thought that putting ricotta cheese was weird but wonderful. Next we ate a giant salad with arugala and carrots. And finally a chocolate cake with strawberries and kiwi( that I made as well!) Pietro mentioned that he thought I'd make a good wife. (hee hee) After dinner they gave me the most wonderful gifts. I wasn't expecting anything and it was the sweetest thing ever! Dario, Benedetto, and Christina are sending me on a Gondola ride. Amanda and Gibo gave me a cute denim mini skirt, which was perfect because three days ago I was wishing I had brought mine along!! Elena and Pietro's gift was an Italian coffee pot, super portable and it makes a perfect cup everytime! Then Eliana and Francesca gave me a pair of beautiful earings, and Natasha and Riccardo found the cutest tank top that says Mind the Gap and its a person about to fall in the canal trying to get in a gondola! Later in the evening Gianni arrived with two of my favorite things coffee and italian cookies!!! As I write this I am again full of joy and gratitude for the thoughtful beautiful people I am surrounded with. We all were up way to late, 3am to be exact, and still managed to go to school/work this morning. Im off to take a nap and I will with the biggest smile on my face knowing that I truly am blessed and loved by the Universe, and that everything I need will be provided for me. Thank you to everyone, for your love and prayers, and generosity of spirit. I can't begin to express my gratitude for each and everyone of you!! Goddess Bless!!
Drea

1 comment:

Deb said...

you look lovely for you birthday celebration, but YOU SOUND wonderful. so happy you are getting the drift of gifting out, it does work like magic. have a wonderful weekend.