Wednesday, May 16, 2007

gelato madness


When people talk about their trips to Italy they never fail to mention one thing. Gelato. I have attempted to limit my Gelato intake and failed miserably. Tonight I went on a binge and had three scoops. Two scoops to start, one chocolate and one cream carmel, and on another cone strawberry yogurt. One cone for the way there, and one for the way back. Where to? You may ask. To get a gelato and eat it by the Grand Canal. That’s right, Oink! Oink! I will have tried every flavor by the end of my stay here and so far I think pistachio and chocolate are my favorites. You see people eating gelato at every time of day, it’s a wonder that Italians don’t have the kind off obesity rate that we have in America.

2 comments:

Deb said...

No transfats, few potatoes, little meat...and take a look at that stove..holy smokes it invites one to eat raw whole foods, and just have one pan of something cooked..not to mention the fact that in Italy one walks miles every day instead of strapping on a car seat. Enjoy. Your gelato story was mine as well. Walk down the street with one flavor,back up the street for more. Yeh. Have fun darling. Missing you but delighted it is wonderful.

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.