Wednesday, April 18, 2007

dreams




I am a very lucky person. Blessed. So far I have experienced tremendous ease as I travel. I arrived at the airport an hour before, checked my bags, walked up to the gate, waited a few minutes and boarded the plane. My flight was right on time and a third of the seats were vacant so I have an entire row to myself. Lucky. The in-flight movie was Dreamgirls one of my favorite feel good movies. It got me thinking about this trip to New York. About my dreams. Ever since I was a little girl I have dreamed of living and working in New York City. The last time I was here I was thirteen and on a field trip. I remember that my classmates were terrified of the city. They were clinging to each other in fear. I insisted that we all take off our name badges, stand up straight, and walk with confidence. We were going to do our best to blend in with the locals, and merge with the energy of the city. I feel like a little girl again. Excited, hopeful, and giddy. New York City here I come!! The artwork in the photos is from the walls of Zeb and Kirstens apartment in Brooklyn. It feels so wonderful to be reunited with old friends, I missed you guys!

1 comment:

The Management said...

No mention of Irvine (which will be the highlight of your trip) and a mention of the East Coast Trip. You have done this on purpose. And here i have been checking for days now waiting for the entry :-)