Thursday, April 26, 2007

letter from london






Dear Blog,
Its been a while since we chatted. Well a lot’s happened in the last couple of days. I arrived in London via an amazing Virgin Atlantic flight. It was so hip and comfortable. I slept most of the way because I had been up 24 hours the day before, I was very knackered. It worked out pretty wonderful cause when I arrived I was pretty awake to deal with the customs line. It was like a line at Disneyland only the only ride at the end was a tube ride. I made it through customs this time with no hassles. It felt pretty grown up. I gave the woman at the money exchange window 175$ and received 77pounds, a lovely exchange rate if your doing it the other way. I had to just give in to how expensive it is. Thank God I’m only here till Saturday. What are you like London?? Well I forgot how loud and harsh my American accent is until I heard it here. When I lived here the last time I had a pretty English accent after a month or so. This time I’m holding on to my harsh vowel sounds. I have a whole stay in Italy to loose my American accent. I’m staying at a Hostel in Earls Court. Its been a while since I slept in a bunk bed with five other girls. Its an adventure in itself. What else? Lets see today I went back to Greenwich my old neighborhood. I worked in a quarter of the pubs there and drank in all of the other ones. I have been dreaming about going back there (literally) so I had to stop by and see where I used to live thru the lenses that perspective and time have given me. I sat down at bench that I used to sit on and just started crying. I had a really crazy time before and there were a lot of feelings that came up. It felt good to address them. I had a feeling I would bump into my old boyfriend and as I sat there he rode by on his bike. We didn’t bump into each other right then but I saw him a few minutes later and surprised him. It was great seeing him and hearing about life in Greenwich, its exactly the same as when I left. He told me where a couple of people I knew worked and I did stop bys freaking people out. It was fun!! After Greenwich I went to Waterloo station and hung out near the National Theatre where my friend Alesha works. I am getting pretty good at napping in coffee shops so I took a quick nap while I waited for her to get off work. Then we had a really nice dinner and had a great catch up conversation. I am so blessed to have such amazing people in my life. I hope you all know how treasured you are. I have these amazing friends scattered across the globe that when I see them I just feel like home. Today I head over to my friend Amy’s house, we went to Dell’Arte together, and then to Venice Saturday afternoon. I can’t wait for the extreme culture shock. I can only imagine what it going to be like. I can’t wait!! The pictures are of the pub I used to live above. My room is the small window near the sign. They remodeled, when I lived there it was a total dump. The view was wonderful though. The picture with the river is the view from the window. And that’s Aleasha and me at dinner. And the tube ride!

7 comments:

Chez said...

Well, it sure sounds like the "whirlwind" part of your visit to NYC and London is in full gear...it's hard to catch a breath just reading about it all.

It's great to hear you were able to reconnect with so many old acquaintances. I hope most of the memories are good ones. Brilliant!

We look forward to the next part of the adventure.

We send our love...

Deb said...

Wow, good for YOU and for all those who are still there in London to CATCH you and your spirit. Thanks so much for keeping us updated. I know that every day will be an adventure and we are enjoying the blog ALOT.
Be well, share the JOY,

Deb said...

Hi kiddo,Hope your last day in London was full of closure and the trip to "da old country" went well. I have an overwhelming sense that Nonni and Papa are there to catch you and will embrace your being back on home turf. Can't wait to hear your next entry and do hope you are taking good care of yourself. Praying for you.
Remember St.Antonio ..ciao facia bella

Lani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lani said...

What an awesome adventure. A journey of a lifetime and yet you have the amazing ability to make life a journey. I admire your ability to become part of the culture regardless of where you are or where you have been. I look forward to your next post.
Love you,
Aunt Lani

Adriana said...

I miss you I miss you come baaaaaaaacccccckkkkkkkkk!

info said...

..CIO'..