Monday, April 30, 2007

the instituto venezia




School started today. It is pretty fun! I haven’t been inside a classroom for a long time so I’m a little rusty. I still really like knowing all of the answers and I can’t wait for the teacher to call on me. I also still love being the class clown. Our class is full of people from all over the world, which makes it very exciting. Today I learned how to count to twenty and ask what your name is. My brain is so scrambled with all of the bits and pieces of all of the languages that I know bits and pieces of that I can hardly speak English at the moment. I am settling in to my new home well. Pietro still isn’t home from his trip and I still can’t wait to meet him. It has been nice having the place to myself. I went to the store for the first time and tired to figure out what things were and where they were. I had to hunt for the eggs cause they are so fresh that they are just on a shelf not in a refrigerator. I made Gnocchi for dinner with fresh tomato sauce and a salad that I made with greens that I bought in the open market. Venice is a beautiful maze that I am learning how to navigate in. I made it home tonight with no wrong turns for the first time and I felt very proud!! They are a million tourists everywhere. My favorite part of the day is early in the morning before the streets get too crowded. The evening is also amazing! The city is lit up like a Christmas tree. Lights shine up on the buildings so you can breath in there beauty. I’ve never been anywhere as romantic as Venice. It is unreal how beautiful and magical this city is. I am so grateful that I ended up here. I really am the luckiest girl in the world. Ciao!

1 comment:

Drea said...

the bridge in the photo is the rialto bride the oldest bidge in venice. the photo is not of the school!